Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It was 1980 something

During a recent daily search of digital scrapbook freebies, I came upon this kit.



I must admit, I LOVE IT!! I was obsessed with the smurfs (or les schtroumfs en francais) and used to plop myself infront of the tv every Saturday to watch their cartoon. I also have vivid memories of going to the "drug" store in Ketchum and oggling the Smurfs display. I would beg my parents to let me buy one. I wonder what ever happened to all my smurfs? I must have had at least 50 of them.

So, while we are reminising about our childhoods, I have to mention how excited I am that all the toys I played with as a kid are now back in stores for my own kids to play with! Rainbow Brite, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, even Pound Puppies (remember them?). Bella has been introduced to Care Bears and as soon as she gets a little older I will buy her some Strawberry Shortcake dolls too. I love that we get to share those things. The only things I can share with Riley are Legos, which he likes, but only to make dirtbike tracks with. But the one thing I have not seen are Smurfs! So, I say, let's bring back Smurfs!!! Come on, who' s with me??


No comments: